Monday, March 5, 2012

End the word

I used to be guilty of this. I used to use the word 'retarded' in a derogatory sense. I never meant anything by it, it was just something I said because everyone said it. But since we found out about Finn I have stopped. That word has a whole new meaning to me now. And I'm not going to lie when I hear other people say it, whether it be in person or on tv, I get tears in my eyes. I don't ever want anyone to refer to my son as retarded. He's not retarded, he has a developmental disability. Ethan and I have joined this website to help spread the word to end the use of the r-word. I have posted the link below so people can check it out if they are interested, and I hope more people are made aware of just how hurtful that word truly is.

http://www.r-word.org

1 comment:

  1. What a brave Mommy you are and to educate others! God Bless you and your family

    ReplyDelete