Thursday, October 2, 2014

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

There are so many fun activities planned on any given day at GKTW and yesterday morning was horseback riding! Finn got to ride a horse for the first time yesterday and he really liked it! Look at him all smiley! 

Day 3 took us to Universal Studios,  mainly bc I have had the burning desire to go to Harry Potter world since the day it opened. So yesterday was more for me than for Finn (sorry Finn). Ethan had never been to universal before and I could tell he was enjoying himself. I was really grateful my parents were with us bc they were able to watch Finn while ethan and I rode a few rides.  We didn't spend too much time in Universal since we knew there were a ton of things to do and see at HP.

Diagon alley, Hogwarts,  Hogsmead,  Hogwarts Express, Gringotts did NOT disappoint! It was so amazingly real there. I was tickled pink that I was able to have a butter beer while dining at the Leaky Cauldron! Ethan asked for a coke when we were there and our server replied back in her proper British accent,  "no soda products are served in the Wizarding world" and I just thought that was hilarious. I knew I wanted to ride all the Harry potter rides but felt guilty leaving finn while my parents watched him. I knew they would love to see the inside of these amazing structures (like Gringotts and Hogwarts) I got a tip from one of the GKTW volunteers that told me to flash them our pass and GKTW button and tell them you want a tour of the ride. So we did that for both the Gringotts and Hogwarts rides and it was awesome. We got to bypass the line and take our time walking thru the buildings.  My parents were able to see inside these awesome places and then right when we were boarding the ride, my parents would take finn out the exit and then ethan and I would ride.  It was just so amazing how authentic everything was! But I must say the whole time I was there I kept wishing Betsy and Brian were with us. Being that they are huge HP fans I know they would have loved it!

The one thing Universal Studios taught Ethan and I was that we are getting old. We only rode a handful of rides and we are both hurting today. I rode a roller coaster yesterday for the first time in about 8 years. My neck has a little kink in it today. As much as I thought the Hogwarts ride was awesome...it made me a little nauseous.  I found myself wishing the ride would end! I never used to be like that! :( at least I can say I did it, it was fun, now let's go back to the kiddie rides that Finn can ride! My body handles those better!

No comments:

Post a Comment