Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Disney day 2!

Today was a fun, soggy, tiring day. We got up and ate breakfast at the Gingerbread house. We ran into an old coworker of ethan's who is here with his family for his daughter.  She is also a fellow spastic quad cp. How amazing is it that we are both here, getting a wish for our kids, at the same time?! It really is a small world! I had to get a picture of Finn and Lucy.  Then after riding the carousel we were off to Epcot. Epcot is more on the adult side, but I was the only one who had been there and I really thought ethan and my parents would enjoy it. Plus there were a few rides that Finn could ride. It rained off and on the whole day so every picture we took we all look like drown rats! We were tired from walking around all day but that didn't stop ethan and I from taking Finn swimming at the adaptive pool here at GKTW after we got back.  It rained the whole time we were splashing around the pool but we didn't care. Finn was having a blast!

I love being here at the GKTW village. Like my mom says, it feels like a big hug. I can't tell you how amazing it feels to be around loving and caring strangers.  To not have people stop and stare at your child in a wheelchair, say ignorant comments, or ignore you completely. Everyone here accepts Finn as he is and aren't afraid to walk up, introduce themselves, and talk to Finn. This is the kind of community that I want to live in. And it kind of breaks my heart a little to know that after this week is over we can never come back.

1 comment:

  1. We love WDW too! I've enjoyed all your pictures. We bought into Disney Vacation Club many years ago and have enjoyed our Disney vacations with kids and grand kids.

    ReplyDelete