Thursday, May 16, 2013

Eye doctor update

Finn had an eye doc appointment today. I always get a little nervous for these visits, because I never know how they are going to go. It usually involves the doc telling me just how bad Finn's vision is...and no mother wants to hear that. To recap last time we were at the eye doc he said that Finn was probably concidered legally blind and that was best case senario. We know he can see light, but he wasn't sure if he could see anything else. The doc also said that based on what he observed that Finn's right eye was the dominant eye and that his left eye probably didnt see much of anything....

TODAY after the doc examined him he said, with a huge grin on his face, 'He can see. And not just light'. I was pretty confident in that already, but I always liked to be reassured by a doctor. He also confirmed that Finn can see out of BOTH eyes. Finn's eyesight has improved since the last time he saw him 6 months ago. The doc can't explain why this happened...it just did. Don't get me wrong...Finn's eye sight is still pretty bad...he is still saying that Finn is considered legally blind, but not as bad as what he thought 6 months ago. I am still over the moon by the news. Just another reason why Finn is a medical marvel! He is just so amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment